• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AAR CDN Para VS Baluka Super Troopers (ME QB)
12-03-2019, 09:26 AM,
RE: AAR CDN Para VS Baluka Super Troopers (ME QB)
[Part 5, The Rise of C Coy]

Time Check: 1312

With the help of A Coy's two MG and ammo bearers firing down the road from LOON, the main part of B Coy was able to win the H2H and push most of the enemy off the road and back behind the corner hedge. The Panther was still active, and laughter could be heard from it's crew as Piat rounds and grenades rained down like pebbles against a titanium roof. At the last second, the panther crew noticed the MGs down the road and took aim. Meanwhile, 2 Platoon had only one section that made it across to the hedge on the charge. The rest were doused in no less than six grenades. The survivors lay pinned 30m from their objective. Lt O'Brian motioned for his remaining senior Lance Corporal to prepare the men for another charge. With a loud bellow, Lance Cpl Talbot yelled out, "This is why we get free health care!" as he started to get to his feet.
[Image: 1312B.png]

With the shelling over and casualties collected, A Coy finished their dash to setup a flanking position on the eastern germans. Poking their heads through the hedge, they lost count with the number of germans, all poking their own heads through the southern hedge firing at C Coy's base of fire. The occasional mortar from Firebase still landed among them. The word was given, "Fire!" and surprised germans started flopping to the ground, bullets pierced their sides, their last gasp a prayer to their dark gods.

C Coy had gone as far as it could for now. 3 Platoon was stuck in a back and forth with what was estimated to be a platoon strength with MG support. 5 Platoon was still providing a base of fire, but orders were coming in from BN HQ to prepare for a hard charge across the field now that A Coy was flanking. Some of the lads mumbled about hoping that Firebase remembers to stop shelling before 5 Platoon starts its charge.
[Image: 1312ac.png]

Time Check: 1313

2 Platoon B Coy, is taking home the Cup after this battle as they managed to suppress the advance of the enemy Coy that was moved from the eastern flank to reinforce here. The rest of B Coy is not doing so well. Despite Firebase mortars and MG support to clear the road, the Panther has everyone pinned (or dead). The tank has even taken out one of LOON's MGs. Piats are doing nothing to the front of the tank, and with the hedge, its nearly impossible to get a better shooting angle.
[Image: 1313B.png]

With half of LOON's MG sections taken out, the men there poop themselves just a little as yet another big arty blast goes off near them. That was a spotting round. Are they the target? Or is the enemy creeping it towards a more juicy target. Meanwhile, the main part of A Coy starts to takes shots from into their backsides from the north. The mortar suppression isn't enough. They keep firing into the eastern flank forces but start to make plans to pop some smoke north.

C Coy has made a decision. 5 Platoon is going to bum rush the far northern hedge in a minute or two, then move to flank the far eastern platoon that his keeping 3 Platoon from advancing
[Image: 1313ac.png]

Time Check: 1314

With 2 Platoon setting up a kill zone on the german reinforcement in the farmer's field, the rest of B Coy finally put enough eggshell onto that Panther to make it expend one of its lives. Even while yelling "Surrender!" at them, the tank crew, still in their ceremonial robes and occult paraphernalia, came out crawling and gunning. The Para troopers had no choice but to put these monsters down.
[Image: 1314B.png]

An excerpt from the field journal of Capt J. Johnston A Coy (support) CO. "At almost a quarter passed the hour, I can see to the west, a barrage of possibly 150mm artillery landing on my MG sections tasked with defending LOON and providing support to B Coy. That's a lot of admin I'll have to do after the battle. Just north of me, I can see the sections attached to us from C Coy being cut down as they try to cross to the Thule temples. Perhaps I'll ask Firebase to provide some smoke for the next batch to try. Either way, they are C Coy, so their admin won't be my problem. In good news, we have mostly wiped out the german troops we flanked to the east."
[Image: 1314A.png]

As C Coy settled in for a protracted fire fight, they heard a sound overhead that brought cheering from all the troops. The motors of the Kamloops' Cross-eyed Commandos could be heard above. Then a garbled radio broadcast, "Roger Command, will instigate quarantine operations. I think I see some biologically impaired troops right behind some of our lads. We'll take care of them before the infection spread...". As one young private turns to ask the Sgt what "biologically impaired" means, 20mm cannons start to rip apart a squad worth of dead germans. They twitch as the large caliber shreds them. Some of the troops wave their helmets and point towards the live germans they are fighting.
[Image: 1314C.png]

Time Check: 1315

B Coy CO looked around at all the dead and wounded. He passed the word that now was a time to consolidate. The lull was not to be long lived as sentries began reporting signs that the Thule forces were gathering on the opposite hedge to the east. Their chanting and dark rituals sent a chill down even the most grizzled veteran. Luckily, 2 Platoon can still be heard laying in the fire on all the enemy caught out in the mud of the farmer's field.
[Image: 1315b.png]

A Coy was having a rough go. The smoked requested from Firebase had yet to arrive (coffee break, it's a union thing), and with B Coy still consolidating after the shelling, Thule forces have come piling out of their dark temples to out flank the flankers. As quoted by Sgt Thompson when his piat operator got shot, "Clever girl...".

[Image: 1315A.png]

5 Platoon C Coy was having a field day- in that they ran across a field during the day. They took up position and radioed over a plan to have 3 Platoon keep up the base of fire, while 5 Platoon prepared to flank. They just need to drop some smoke and it will be time to crack open a cold one.
[Image: 1315C.png]

[End of Part 5...hey you, in the back! If you're falling asleep, stand up!]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AAR CDN Para VS Baluka Super Troopers (ME QB) - by naughtkris - 12-03-2019, 09:26 AM