• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to Start Playing PzC Games Properly? Any newbie guides?
12-08-2019, 05:53 AM,
RE: How to Start Playing PzC Games Properly? Any newbie guides?
Mowgli, in the screenshots you posted the Isolation looks breakable depending on the MP's of the armoured/mobile units.

I think what Mr. Grumpy said was meant as a sort of "adapt and overcome" comment: you know what went wrong, so by making this mistake, you become a better player. Many of us learn the hard way: something goes wrong and you want to prevent it next time.

Also: the German unit in the north that would assault the HQ has no valid retreat path in this case, so it's vulnerable to a Soviet response.

A certain feel for (abstract) positioning isn't "required" but it helps a lot.

One important realization is that the PzC games are  wargames, not historical simulations.

That might sound silly, but what I mean is that what worked historically might not work in the game, which is why people suggest you read through the mechanics and try to get an understanding of what they mean and envision in-game. Not getting mechanics right the first time still happens to me from time to time as well, even after years of playing PzC and PB games.

To give two examples of what makes PzC different from historical situations:
-Indirect Fire is ineffective compared to Direct Fire. Direct Fire can be quite murderous whilst artillery fire is useful for attritional damage over time or softening up units.
-Armoured units are weak compared to infantry units, simply because they use the same Direct Fire mechanics and infantry units are (much) larger. Mobility is their main strength.

Understanding what units can or can't do comes from experience, don't think you're a below average player just because you might not have a full understanding of what various unit types are capable of. That will come with time.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Start Playing PzC Games Properly? Any newbie guides? - by ComradeP - 12-08-2019, 05:53 AM