• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Refueling Rules
11-05-2019, 05:54 AM,
Refueling Rules
Some time ago I had a look at the rather poorly worded Refueling rules. I created a test scenario to get a better understanding and I got some clear results. I thought I would share these as I have found them useful. My understanding may not be correct in every detail but I haven't found an example in play that contradicts it. This is how I think it works...   

A) Midnight Turn

First Test

This test determines if a unit gains Low Fuel status. It applies to all units except those that did not move/assault in the last 24 hours and those that are exempt due to type (Foot, Ski, Bicycle, Horse, Naval and Rail). Units already Low Fuel are not affected.

A unit will pass the test if a randomly generated percentage is less than the Local Supply Value. If they fail they become Low Fuel. Isolated units subject to the test always fail as they have a Local Supply Value of zero.

Second Test

A second test is then performed to see if refueling takes place for all non-Isolated units currently with Low Fuel (including those which have just failed the First Test).

A unit passes the test if it is within the Modified Command Range of its HQ and that HQ is not Out of Command.

Passing this test removes the Low Fuel status.

Note that this means that no unit will have Low Fuel if it passes the second test, regardless of the Local Supply Value.

B) Non-Midnight Turns  

The test determines if refueling takes place. Once again a non-Isolated unit must be within the Modified Command Range of its HQ and that HQ cannot be Out of Command. Additionally it requires a randomly generated percentage to be less than the Refuel Percentage value (as given in the Parameter Data). Note that the Local Supply Value is not part of this calculation.

Passing this test removes the Low Fuel status.

Refueling (midnight or non-midnight) is indirectly affected by the Local Supply Value of its controlling HQ as this affects the probability that the HQ is in Command. And the range of the controlling HQ to its higher HQ is relevant as it also affects the probability that the controlling HQ will be in Command. But the range of the unit to the controlling HQ is not relevant other than it must be in the Modified Command Range (i.e. Nominal Command Range adjusted for the HQ being Disrupted, Broken or in Travel Mode, as displayed by using Hotkey 'K'). The Supply Example 4, given in the manual, starts to make sense once this is understood (although the stated Supply value of 60% should read 70%, as in Example 1). Supply Examples 2 and 3 are incorrect as they use the Local Supply Value in the calculation (or, at least, if they are correct then the program is in error).

Hopefully this adds clarity, rather than more confusion.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Refueling Rules - by Green - 11-05-2019, 05:54 AM
RE: Refueling Rules - by todk - 11-05-2019, 08:35 AM
RE: Refueling Rules - by Ricky B - 11-05-2019, 01:59 PM
RE: Refueling Rules - by pax_xap - 12-19-2019, 10:14 PM
RE: Refueling Rules - by Green - 12-20-2019, 04:24 AM
RE: Refueling Rules - by Green - 11-05-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: Refueling Rules - by Fhil - 11-05-2019, 07:44 PM
RE: Refueling Rules - by ComradeP - 11-06-2019, 04:54 AM
RE: Refueling Rules - by Ricky B - 11-06-2019, 09:57 AM
RE: Refueling Rules - by Green - 11-06-2019, 07:53 AM