• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Seeking Japanese Opponent for Japan 46' Operation Coronet - CLOSED
03-12-2020, 10:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 10:35 PM by Kool Kat.)
RE: Seeking Japanese Opponent for Japan 46' Operation Coronet - CLOSED
(03-12-2020, 02:53 AM)Strela Wrote: Of interest guys, there is a patch being prepared for both games in the Japan series.

We found some discrepancies in the PDT files and also took onboard some sage advice from Ed ‘Volcanoman’ Williams.

David

Hi David:  Smoke7

While you are collecting sage advice from Ed, ask him how he is coming along with play testing the Malta scenario.

0622_01 Operation Herkules_Alt (30-Turns)

Ed stated back in July 2019 that he was halfway through play testing it. I recall there were some issues with how he was interpreting hard attack factors versus bunkers and the overall play balance of the scenario. 

I posted a reminder to him in the thread back in August 2019... but he must not have seen it? Idea2

Hopefully he will get back to us shortly on his play testing results and how he will update the Malta scenario with "a couple of minor adjustments." Thanks!  Big Grin  

I copied and pasted Ed's comments below + provided the thread URL for reference. 

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...ight=malta

7/12/2019
RE: Operation Herkules_Alt scenario - Please remove from game database

Good news is that, out of curiosity, I have started to play the scenario here and there solitaire again. I am exactly at the halfway point (turn 15 of 30). Italians just took Luca Airfield, and the Brits are collapsing now since they can't really defend without being shot to pieces by larger units. My guess is that their only option will be to gradually fall back to the bunkers, where they won't all fit (thousands of men all over the island here), thereby resulting in large losses.

We will see how it goes, but my airborne did take heavy losses in the landing and we will see if those lost VP casualties can be made up for in the second half (its a long way to go). Either way, I do see a couple of minor adjustments that can be made to the _Alt scenario though, so that it good.

More info later when it is complete. 

Also, if this post is not appropriate for this thread, I am more then happy to start a separate thread. Moderators - let me know. 
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking Japanese Opponent for Japan 46' Operation Coronet - CLOSED - by Kool Kat - 03-12-2020, 10:17 PM