• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New HPS release 1 Aug 2019 -Marching Eagles - a Paul Bruffell design
08-03-2019, 10:08 PM,
RE: New HPS release 1 Aug 2019 -Marching Eagles - a Paul Bruffell design
(08-03-2019, 09:04 PM)O.Schmidt Wrote: 2 questions?
1) What is the scale of the game? 1 field are 500m ??
One game turn is 2 hours??

2) Does the campaign play on a big map?
or are they different small Maps?

2) There are 6 maps, although I think it will require assembling them in to single images to actually answer that. There are smaller maps:

o Gilly
o Hougomont
o Ligny
o Quatre Bras
o Waterloo
o Wavre

I can't answer the scale - and the fields don't appear to be a uniform shape; just using the scenario editor with a blank map does not show any boundaries. I haven't had enough time to look into things that much.

-Regarding what Doug wrote earlier, this doesn't look like the same engine, although the maps used look to have been built in the same manner. 

I would say that Bill's suggestion might be a logical solution - a single map image that overlays the map as it is constructed -however, that would probably require programming. 

Graphically speaking it is intriguing; it is not the same style of map of Ancient Warfare - it uses less terrain types - so that would allow for a different style of pallet than, say, other titles that need 26 or so graduations of elevation levels.

If I were to come up with a single map image, the first thing that I would do is put together a stitched image of the entire maps  - that would produce the dimensions needed.  Use opacity -and that gives the paths and hexsides needed - but, and seriously I have seen this happen in other similar work --- you don't need to adhere exactly to the hexes underneath - that actually ends up negating the entire impact (at least as far as I am concerned)... but that is how I would approach that type of task .. plus scale (of imagery) can also be changed around some... same with the style. 

All that is just off the top of my head and based upon what I have seen so far.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New HPS release 1 Aug 2019 -Marching Eagles - a Paul Bruffell design - by -72- - 08-03-2019, 10:08 PM