• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Operation Herkules_Alt scenario - Please remove from game database
07-10-2019, 06:27 PM,
RE: Operation Herkules_Alt scenario - Please remove from game database
Yes, it can be very confusing indeed.

But the summary of the important aspect here is this (the PC I am on doesn't have any of the games installed, so please forgive the general description):

The bunker changes the defenders/occupants to a hard target. Since they are a hard target, assaults work a bit differently, and the early war units have a range 0 hard attack value. Range 0 values are special in that they only come into play in assaults, in which case they are used when assaulting hard targets. Without that rule, it would be very difficult to assault bunkers (and you are likely always overrun by tanks with few losses inflicted).

A person with an eye for detail would say that the attackers here have lower values in the Alt scenarios than the stock scenarios, but also the defenders have a similar reduction to their values too, so its about even.

Now I am not saying that with that AAR rule the scenario will be magically balanced - just saying that the AAR rule is necessary or else it will be impossible, which is in line with the original post here (so I suspect that is the issue). As I said, I do recall that that scenario was exceptionally difficult in the stock version, and the Alt doesn't fundamentally change much (its more of a detail and consistency thing, rather than a total overhaul), unlike the Alt scenarios for Kursk, and Normandy (where I recall I did make quite a few changes).

But maybe someone else can explain it better...
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Operation Herkules_Alt scenario - Please remove from game database - by Volcano Man - 07-10-2019, 06:27 PM