• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released!
05-05-2019, 01:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2019, 01:33 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released!
They would still need to be able to see the unit spotting them at the start of the turn of the side the unit belongs to in order to know they've been spotted. If an enemy unit drives up to them and moves out of line of sight, they won't "know" they've been spotted.

This is also why Fixed units are not released simply because an enemy unit moves adjacent to them, even if the Fixed unit fires: they need to be able to see an enemy unit or be fired át by an enemy non-indirect fire unit in order to be released.

As to the game: it looks great. I didn't expect its release to be imminent.

I really like the variation in Japanese unit defence and speed values between the infantry division types.

It's a bit curious that Japanese LMG's have a range of 3, but the units are small so it's not much of a gameplay issue. It allows the Japanese player to utilize some light harassment fire, which is fine. What might be a problem is that long range fire isn't very effective, so they might spend their fire actions firing at long range targets.

I'm not sure if it's worth a hotfix, but Shima-Jima has no supply source, so all the units on it pop up in the isolated units part of the Japanese command report.

Edit: The Type 90 75mm's also have motorized movement whilst they show a horse transport icon, but that might be intended to make them more difficult to move around when not on roads.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released! - by ComradeP - 05-05-2019, 01:04 AM