• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponents for Ladder games
12-27-2018, 05:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2018, 04:14 PM by Isto.)
Opponents for Ladder games
I am new in this site and looking for ladder opponents.

I suppose this site is quite inactive as i have put forth several challenges and yet there have been none to reply.

I can play both WinspMBT and WinspWW2 and i prefer a meeting engagement type of a game. I plan to play a serious game taking an effective army composition given by the rules of the play.

I have checked the rules of the site and am ok with them but can also play with standard rules what i am accustomed to.

In one instance i have a different opinion about the suggested rule set, i think tanks can travel in Forest terrain. And i also am sure that tanks can knock down common sized trees and if a log slows down a tank, that is not a good tank.

I also suspect there are people, and at least modern equipment and AI that allows very complex artillery management. It's nowadays even common for the systems to calculate different shooting angles that the rounds are landing simultaneously on a given spot, so i really do not see a reason why one person with good multitasking skills could not manage tens, or hundreds of assignment in a short amount of time. In case of WW2, the game have taken this in to account as plotting artillery is already way slower than in MBT and i see that FO rule as something that could be used in era of WW2, rather than in a modern MBT game.

I also think the placing of units in a hex is covered by the game already as it adds supression, slows them down and they are easier to damage as there are more targets within the effective radius of a shot.

I have still not tried the new Cover option of the game and if those Smoke granade rules are in use, i think there should be same rules to not fire in a turn the unit is taking cover.

In a current WinspMBT patch (12 i suppose) i want to suggest not taking air units with armor because it have been stated as not working like it should. For some reason (at least armored) air units treat all HE penetration as 1, making them almost impossible to damage.

Looking forth to participate in the coming 2019 ladder.

For scoring: I tried, but did not find the "DOWNLOAD" section mentioned in the topic regarding the scoring rules, so this is a subject i need a clarification on.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Opponents for Ladder games - by Isto - 12-27-2018, 05:31 AM
RE: Opponents for Ladder games - by Isto - 12-30-2018, 02:43 PM
RE: Opponents for Ladder games - by Ratel - 01-13-2019, 01:01 AM