• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A new battle!
11-14-2018, 10:30 AM,
A new battle!
Yes, I'm spittin' em' out like a fertile and eager peasant woman.
Counterstrike at Marle - released
Putingrad - about to be released
and now, fresh outta da womb.... Desert Maelstrom

Here is the description:

Southern Tunisia (H2H or teamgame): In this hypothetical battle, it is spring 1943 and the Axis powers are on the run in North Africa.
 The Americans have finally broken thru in the Kasserine Pass area, and the U.S. 2nd Armored Division,
Hell on Wheels, has been charged with striking southeast and linking up with advance elements of the British 8th Army. The British have smashed thru the Mareth Line, with the 8th Armoured Brigade leading the charge north into Tunisia. They hope to trap several Afrika Korps formations, including the 15th Panzer Division.
 But unbeknownst to them, OKW has authorized a daring combined-arms operation with elite German Fallschirmjagers and their Italian allies. Two 'crack' Italian armored battle groups, Brigata Imperiali and Gruppo Taciti "Sahariana" are moving posthaste down from Tunis. They are to link up with Fallschirmjager Regiment Ramcke, and together will ensure the safe withdrawl of the 15th Panzer. But the allies have similar designs, and have already unleashed the 30th American airborne regiment to facilitate the linkup with the British.
All of these forces are on a collision course which will surely result in a maelstrom in the desert!

It's a biggie, a 'smaller' size 10, a corps level game. I currently have it set at 50 turns.
I'm looking for a play tester, someone who can knock out a turn every couple of nights.
I've already played against myself and have made adjustments. I think only a lil' bit more tweeking may be necessary. Email or message me.

I want to thank those who helped with Marle and are currently testing Putingrad. I'm pleased with those: a France 40' battle and then the East Front. Now, hoping for the Gold in the deserts of N. Africa.
Maelstrom is INSANE.

Tankertony>>>
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A new battle! - by Tankertony - 11-14-2018, 10:30 AM
RE: A new battle! - by Warhorse - 11-17-2018, 12:41 PM
RE: A new battle! - by dawags - 11-17-2018, 12:49 PM
RE: A new battle! - by Big Ivan - 11-18-2018, 12:08 AM
RE: A new battle! - by Tankertony - 11-18-2018, 03:20 AM
RE: A new battle! - by fritzfarlig - 11-25-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: A new battle! - by Tankertony - 12-11-2018, 08:13 AM
RE: A new battle! - by Dan Caviness - 12-12-2018, 01:31 PM