• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

My Thirty Years War AAR vs Rangerkgbooboo
01-28-2019, 03:09 AM,
RE: My Thirty Years War AAR vs Rangerkgbooboo
Just finished 1621. The Protestants won victories in the Palatinate and have Frankfurt and Heidelburg under siege-capturing these two will really help me raise more cash. My main army in Bohemia won some victories although the HRE captured Pilsen, a blow to my revenue collection. On the other hand, my Hungarian cavalry is riding around Bavaria pillaging (raises money for me and hurts the HRE revenue collection).

My main challenges now are keeping the two large HRE armies in Bohemia separate-one in Pilsen and one south of Prague, falling back to Budweis. My other large challenge is money. In the past year I was not able to raise many troops (in this case hire Dutch mercenaries) because I had to spend on replacements for my Bohemian army and for monthly costs. I finally have a little cash but need to be really careful so I don't run out and then lose troops to wastage...My fear the Habsburgs raising a lot of cash and a lot more troops this winter.. .

Overall, I am in a good place but still on the strategic defensive..
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Thirty Years War AAR vs Rangerkgbooboo - by jim pfleck - 01-28-2019, 03:09 AM