• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Interview with George Nafziger
11-07-2018, 09:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 09:47 PM by geoff.)
RE: Interview with George Nafziger
Yeah, he is old and your question about Siborne was leading. I didn't want to leave my real contempt for Nafziger which concerns the three rank line being perceived by modern scholars as not firing as a three rank line based on this or that strawman. Invariably when I argue logically that they formed and fired in three rank lines the opposition brings up Nafziger's statements by Mortier or Napoleon himself... It has caused me great pains that something so obvious could be twisted by "historians" who write in order to be agreeable and sell their work quickly. Although, I point out that Nafziger never says that the French generally fired as two ranks the poision was planted. Les grandes querrelles continues ;]

His story about the BCTP wargame involving the Stryker Brigade getting overrun by armor is hilarious. I was a member of the 3/2 SBCT and at National Training Center we field tested the entire Brigade versus an armor battalion. The armor caught my infantry battalion while we were manuevering and destroyed half of our vehicles. The US Army does not learn.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Interview with George Nafziger - by Cole - 11-07-2018, 07:22 PM
RE: Interview with George Nafziger - by geoff - 11-07-2018, 08:03 PM
RE: Interview with George Nafziger - by Cole - 11-07-2018, 09:16 PM
RE: Interview with George Nafziger - by geoff - 11-07-2018, 09:40 PM