• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
02-23-2019, 04:36 AM,
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev
Mike has sent me his password so I've looked at his final positions. 

This is his position at the start of Turn 24. Starting in the south.

[Image: GT%2024%20Germ%20sth.png]

As I suspected most of his units in the south are weak and high fatigue. South of Manoylin he has a few well rested units of decent strength. North east of this is a sea of red fatigued fairly weak units, although he does have a fresh unit 1./Pio Btl 113 which he has possibly brought down from the north. 

[Image: GT%2024%20Germ%20cen.png]

And this is why we play PzC. A sea of red high fatigued units. No invincible army about to push me back to the start line. In fact apart from Operational Group Zhuravlev my units are comparatively fresh compared to his units. 
His forces at Verkne Buzinovka are slightly better off in fatigue but he has obviously kept the reinforcements to a minimum.

The high fatigue is due to quite a few factors. Mike has kept the fighting going over 2 days and I don't think he rested much. Plus he has kept his units fighting as single individual companies. In all the map I can only see two units with combined companies and that is in stack F. I'm not sure I would use this tactic. I would have tried to tidy up the battlefield and combine units if possible even if this meant slowing down the battle? However Mike's deci
sion to fight as companies has worked I guess?

[Image: GT%2024%20Germ%20nth.png]

In the north Mike has garrisoned Tysimlovskiy and has quite a few units resting at Svechinkovskiy. I'm not sure how long some of them have been here. It can't have been long. North of Verkne-Buzinovka he has fresher units and some Flak units which clearly have been brought across from the Svechinkovskiy area.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stalingrad 42 Breakout Group Zhuravlev - by Plain Ian - 02-23-2019, 04:36 AM