• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Teamproject "Hell gate: The Breakout from Cherkassy“
09-17-2018, 04:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 05:15 PM by Ragnar.)
Help  Teamproject "Hell gate: The Breakout from Cherkassy“
Hello everyone. Since several years I think about to build a large scenario about the battle of Cherkassy or more the breakout from the pocket 16th to 17. of February 1944.   As everyone knows this battle involved numerous formations on both sides. From playing yarious JTCS scenarios I am aware that it is difficult to control and move more than three divisions. The whole idea is to create a teamgame 3 vs 3 (or even 4 vs 4) on map around 60 km wide and long. Unfortunately I do neither have the time to build or test this on my own. So maybe someone like to join me or even pick up this idea.

From my grandfather who fought in this battle I have a quite rate book with several good first eye reports, maps and order of battle. https://www.amazon.de/Kessel-von-Tscherkassy-1944-Dokumentation/dp/3927125156
He served the entire war in the east with the 5th SS Divsion and never talked much about it. The only exception was the pocket of Cherkassy which gave the idea for this scenario. I've created some human vs. KI scenarios already in the past which I consider „ok, not very good“ as I lacked of skills back than, but finished a large H2H this february called „black sea black death“ which can be found in the testing area at the moment.

There is nothing written by me yet. Only some rough thought in my mind, but before I go into detail the first step is to find people who are interested in such a project.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Teamproject "Hell gate: The Breakout from Cherkassy“ - by Ragnar - 09-17-2018, 04:32 PM