• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 111
03-24-2018, 06:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2018, 06:41 AM by Xaver.)
RE: Panzer Battles 111
I have oposite point of view, i dislike more west titles over east titles because terrain made west titles less attractive for mobile combat and armor use in east is at same time very important BUT very complicated use it to because you need foot guys do the dirty job to prevent find your armor isolated and with bigger fronts, with more areas where enemy can counter you (terrain is not very defensive friendly) is allways a pain in the ass... and a good oportunity to made enemy enter in a trap.

West title for me are "slower" and punish more minimal mistakes because terrain maximize them, hard recover from a bad turn... i think in the Arhem scen, is not like you have a lot room to be original to take the objetive in the bridge, at least in PzC, i dont know how could be in PzB scale.

But is true to that usually west titles offer the more attractive OOBs... for me Budapest45 is in the line of what i like see in an OOB, very diferent units and with some exotic options (like Market Garden or what we can expect in a Berlin45 title).

Kharkov42 in PzB scale... i think could be much better than PzC specially in middle size scens.

PD: one of my best memories in PzC was with 3 very incomplete PzDivisions, i manage to hide them to enemy, wait the best moment seeing how enemy rush over my north area and launch a masive counterattack in enemy flank eating 3 armored brigades, 1 motorized brigade and pratically a full infantry division destroying enemy main attack and leaving more troops isolated between enemy objetive (he was preparing the cross of a river) and my counterattack troops.... but i was under heavy pressure in south performing a fighting retreat to short my front that was totally broken in 2... maybe in France40 is possible have something like this and in north Africa titles.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Panzer Battles 111 - by jimcrowley - 02-03-2018, 04:32 AM
RE: Panzer Battles 111 - by Strela - 02-05-2018, 02:19 AM
RE: Panzer Battles 111 - by Xaver - 03-18-2018, 07:48 PM
RE: Panzer Battles 111 - by 19 Delta - 03-21-2018, 08:59 AM
RE: Panzer Battles 111 - by Sgt_Rock - 03-23-2018, 11:56 PM
RE: Panzer Battles 111 - by Xaver - 03-23-2018, 07:02 PM
RE: Panzer Battles 111 - by Xaver - 03-24-2018, 06:40 AM