• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
01-17-2018, 11:14 PM,
RE: Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
I know the unit strengths were not your decision, I was just wondering about their ability to survive. In Moscow '42, the maximum German regular infantry strength is 800 men and the Soviet strength 600 men per battalion, so the German unit is 1/3 larger compared to the Soviet unit.

In Stalingrad '42, the German battalions are about 3 times as large as those understrength Soviet units.

Regarding heavy weapons: though historical accuracy is very nice, playability is important too. I usually don't move the tiny units at all, as they add hundreds of clicks per turn.

Though not historically accurate, merging the HW companies with the rest of the battalion like in Moscow '42 works well from the playability perspective. Even with one additional company per battalion, that's 9, 10 or 11 additional units per infantry division depending on the composition of the aufklaerung and pioniere battalions. Multiplied by several corps or even armies, that's a lot of additional clicks each turn.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42) - by ComradeP - 01-17-2018, 11:14 PM