• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
01-12-2018, 08:43 AM,
Smile  RE: Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42)
(01-07-2018, 10:53 AM)Ocito80 Wrote: 5% to complete - I am having issues confirming and locating the positions of the following Russian units that may have been involved during the scenario (july 23 to sep 2)
37th Gds Rifle Division
98th Rifle Division
126th Rifle Division
131st Rifle Division
157th Rifle Division
204th Rifle Division
2nd Tank Corps (w/ 26, 27 and 99th tank bde)
158th Tank Bde
20th Motorized Bde
38th Motorized Bde
10th Rifle Bde
42nd Rifle Bde

If anyone has information on these units and cares to pass it along, would be most appreciative. Otherwise, someone in the future can take and complete the scenario :)

You don't mention what sources you've checked or used. 

Have you looked at the on line maps on the rkkaw2.armchairgeneral.com site. I had a quick glance and can see the 157th Rifle Div in 51A on the map 28/6 -23/7. 

Books. I assume you have Glantz's trilogy? This is a pretty comprehensive epic which covers the 42 campaign. Its a bit dry and the maps are supposed to be pretty awful but if a unit was there I'm sure he will mention it.   Smile

I do not have Glantz I'm afraid. My books go way back to the 70's. I have Enemy at the Gates by David Craig and the Secret of Stalingrad by Walter Kerr. Both published 1972. 

Kerr's book does not have any situational maps but it does have an interesting Appendix which list dates for when units were assigned to Stalingrad Commanders.

131st on or before 16th July (in Reserve)
157th on or before 16th July (51A)
204th July 26
126th July 28
98th Aug 4
37th Gds Aug 16

In the book I think the 99 Tk Bde/2ndTank Corps is mentioned? I'll check.

Sorry but these just give you a rough idea of when they appear but not where they were during the period you mention. (apart from the 157th) 

What about boardgames? I have Campaign to Stalingrad by Mark Simonitch and his OOB is supposed to be pretty good. Again it only gives you a rough idea of when they appear but all of the Rifle Divisions and the 38th Rifle Bde are listed. There is a boardgame called Case Blue by MMP which probably has a more detailed and up to date OOB/OOA since Campaign to Stal came out in 1992.

Let me know if you want copies of anything.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheory's Project: Operation Fischreiher (Stalingrad42) - by Plain Ian - 01-12-2018, 08:43 AM