• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
12-20-2017, 04:29 AM,
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
Ideally, the game engine would not differentiate between smaller or larger scenarios, and would handle the historic oobs in a manner suiting both. Of course, with large battles, replays etc can take a lot of time. Also, playtesting them can be quite a task. But I believe I am not the only one enjoying a large team game, like a 3x3 game with division each. I've played a version of the Prokhorovka from both sides, and especially with Germans there's a neat formation available, while with Soviets the sheer amount of troops they had at Kursk can be a tad daunting.

As for Artillery and Headquarters, especially in JTCS they are nothing but cruft, as Artillery calls supply from baseline using the scenario supply level. We added a Arty Ammo parameter to Middle East, but I am pretty sure that too bypasses Headquarters. I need to doublecheck that.

I actually would like to have Artillery HQs play a role. Depending on how you view their abstraction, they can be perceived to include both the signals/communication capability as well as the calculations for fire missions based on FO observations. To lose such a capability should be a hard hit.

As for Bn Headquarters, yes they have a shortish range, and are at constant risk at frontlines. All in all I prefer scenarios with shorter visibilities, WW2 was not about long range duels for most part. There's the range, and there's the visibility of course, and being visible should put one at risk with long range indirect fire...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle - by Crossroads - 12-20-2017, 04:29 AM