• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
12-19-2017, 11:10 PM,
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
(12-19-2017, 07:24 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: I do hope that the team will adhere to scale over their fad of supporting monster scenarios.
You'll end up creating a butterfly effect.

Farmer

HSL

The monster scenarios are made playable by the designer mostly thru the OOB. I like things to be as historically accurate as possible also but,       a lot of the small arty and most battalion hqs can and should be eliminated. There should be no artillery HQ units as they don't do anything. Battalion HQs are mainly for smaller scenarios and they work fine there. During large battles they simply have to get too close to the front to provide supply and are very vulnerable in scenarios with long visibility. The players basically spend most of their time trying to get all the HQs lined up for supply only to have the battalion hq get eliminated. Then the lower units under that HQ will  never have supply. Get your companies under a regimental hq and they will supply just fine with a better range. It is simply a matter of working with the editors and game engine to make the best of the situation.

Anyway ,don't pay me no mind I'm just an old man :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle - by Von Earlmann - 12-19-2017, 11:10 PM