• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
12-17-2017, 06:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2017, 06:46 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
(12-17-2017, 05:06 AM)zap Wrote: My own view on this Historical Scenario is:  I'm not interested to play this one again.  Playing the German side in this scenario demands your full attention as you have to move your forces back and forth between fronts. Its not easy taking 2 hrs on a turn. All that effort Only to know you are destined to lose the game particularly if the original plan of the germans had to be followed. The Russian counter attack is crushing/suffocating and there is no enjoyment playing the german if you know you can't at least gain a draw..

Well that's why the feedback is so important. This is a beast of a scenario. Some scenarios are always harder to balance than others, and given the scale and complexity of this one, it is a challenge. 

I for one tried to create a team game of the previous German-vs-AI game, but it did not achieve play balance despite my first efforts. 

I will hope to meet this scenario again with East Front III once it gets to 1943. So much historical depth in this one, just need to figure out how to make it easier to access and easier to play as both sides with a chance for a result. With the new game engine, we've got Adaptive AI to tweak various game parameters to fit this particular battle, also there's now the Event Engine to change things depending the ebb and flow of the battle, both something not available with JTCS when designing this scenario.

Yet, even now, at the bare minimum, this scenario gives the players a unique opportunity to appreciate this battle in detail, to see the forces and formations there, to get a feel of the landscape. Alan's now reworked this to its third iteration, and I hope to see more players, either in H2H or vs-AI, to give this a go and to share their experiences.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle - by Crossroads - 12-17-2017, 06:40 AM