• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
12-16-2017, 12:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2017, 12:24 PM by zap.)
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle
After 33 turns we decided to end our battle with a draw. Germans out preformed the historical outcome by leaps and bounds. I aggressively went on the attack from turn one. Gathering most of my armor, I sent them south to find and destroy whatever they could find. When encountering the fixed units who had already received terrible casualties' from the artillery falling on loaded fixed units.
The fixed units must have been a frustration for Cole, my Russian opponent. I was able to systematically move along his lines without fear of him mounting a response. His tanks had to sit and wait for me to fire on them.

That made it a -1700 score by turn twenty when he was able finally begin to move against me. And the point score began to diminish. But I projected that the Germans were on a path to a minor V or draw. Way better then the historical results. This scenario needs some alterations to have a more historical outcome.

It was awkward towards turn 30 when I realized all I had to do to gain a major victory was withdraw all my leaders off board to keep Cole from getting those points. But to my surprise Cole informed me he had two exit hexes where he could withdraw all his transport and what ever else to gain points.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEW: Prokhorovka 5: The Historical Battle - by zap - 12-16-2017, 12:12 PM