• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook
08-09-2017, 06:34 AM,
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook
A little delay in posting the AAR. Enemy agents stole and destroyed my documentation (my wife took my notes, didn´t understand them so she threw them away Mex Big Grin ) so I had to wait until the game is finished so I can use my opponent´s password in order to see my actions. The game is finished, we can move on.

TURN 2

08:00 hrs

The heavy shelling from my artiller continues for another two hours, while there are also first assaults against the enemy first line conducted. The main concentration of artiller fire is again marked in yellow, though every unit received at least a minimum amount of fire. It can be clearly seen that the most promiment area for my artillery was the Mosoroto area. There were two main reasons for that - first of all, this is the most important sector for a breaktrough, were my tank forces will be sent as well. Secondly, there are few units in the open that are withdrawing from the first line, so it´ll hurt them more when they are not in the trenches. The Mosoroto village itself was turned to rubble after being bombarded by rocket battalions.
   Only one available air unit, the 949th AAR bombards enemy infantry on the marked hex (bomb icon). It´s airplanes received anti aircraft fire, the result of which was it´s disruption. After killing or wounding 12 enemy soldiers, it was sent back to base disrupted.

[Image: mk9q3m.jpg]

Unluckily, due to the changed conditions under which I continue this AAR, it is not possible to show you the positions o my units as they were at the end of my turn. It´ll be seen on the German response part though. Here you can see marked the first direct assaults on enem trenches, marked by blue arrows. The assault at Savchenki area was not successful. The 1st Battalion of the 23rd Rifle Regiment lost 48 men in the assault, the unit is disrupted with medium fatigue. Germans lost 11 men. The second assault to the north of Morgi by the 1st Battalion of the 353rd Regiment was more successful - with the cost of only 3 men, the Germans were forced out of their positions while loosing 15 men in the process. They withdrawed over the stream to the trenches of their neighbouring unit (marked by the red arrow). My exact positions at the end of turn 2 will be seen on the next part with German response.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 06-20-2017, 06:43 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 06-21-2017, 02:15 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 06-22-2017, 02:17 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 06-27-2017, 07:48 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 08-09-2017, 06:34 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 08-10-2017, 06:56 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 09-05-2017, 06:04 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 09-06-2017, 07:29 AM