• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook
06-20-2017, 06:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2017, 06:45 AM by Fhil.)
Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook
The Long Left Hook

Shumilino
40 kms NW of Vitebsk
June 23rd, 1944

With the success of the recon in force, begun the previous day, 6th Guards Army acted quickly to follow up the success. The 103rd Rifle Corps was introduced late in the day of June 23rd. The plans to introduce the tanks early into the battle met with traffic tie-ups, and swollen streams and swamps, which kept them out of the early fighting. The Germans adopted a strategy of trying to hold the ground long enough to form a defense line anchored on the Obol rail line. This was to keep the Russians as far from the river and a possible bridgehead as possible.

This will cover my game against Gerald (Witblitz), as we´re going to play the various Minsk ´44 scenarios one by one, me as the Soviet commander and him as the Axis commander. Hopefully, these games will go smooth and I will be able to bring you an AAR/DAR from each one of them. But, let´s have it step by step as the bigger the project the easier it will fail to reach the finish. Now, while writing this, we´re at turn two only, so please, I´m not seeking any advices on the game or such, rather I´ll try to explain my tactics used here.

The scenario itself looks interesting, will be definitely very hard for the Axis side. There are two soviet armies attacking two German divisions with a massive artillery support. Time is short though (18 turns) so I believe I need a clear plan with as less improvisation as possible in order to capture the most of the objectives while not bleeding white in the process. I will try to bring it to you in some interesting way, creating various report from different units while still having the overall picture present at all times.

Firstly, I´ll present my plan, then I will go turn by turn reporting everything important that happens, wish us luck gentlemen. I´ll start posting pictures and reports tomorrow.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 06-20-2017, 06:43 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 06-21-2017, 02:15 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 06-22-2017, 02:17 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 06-27-2017, 07:48 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 08-09-2017, 06:34 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 08-10-2017, 06:56 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 09-05-2017, 06:04 AM
RE: Minsk ´44 - The Long Left Hook - by Fhil - 09-06-2017, 07:29 AM