• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hi, I'm new to Panzer Battles
04-29-2017, 04:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2017, 04:49 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Hi, I'm new to Panzer Battles
Capturing bunkers with mediocre infantry and mediocre tanks can be quite frustrating.

There's a significant amount of randomness involved, which can lead to odd situations where a handful of men hold of a company for several turns. It's one of the main parts of the game, together with tank/gun vs. tank/gun combat where luck can matter more than which side has better units.

Be sure to check the hexsides you're firing through and elevation levels. If you're firing through a hedgerow, your fire will do -50% damage, which combined with a bunker in difficult terrain -50% penalty can mean a C quality unit can't damage the defenders due to suffering a 100% fire penalty.

High quality units have a significant advantage when it comes to firing into difficult terrain, as their quality modifier is substracted from the terrain penalty, instead of the attack value being modified by the quality modifier and that total being the base for calculations using the hexside/terrain/fortifications fire protection.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Hi, I'm new to Panzer Battles - by Ekaton - 04-29-2017, 07:50 AM
RE: Hi, I'm new to Panzer Battles - by 19 Delta - 04-29-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: Hi, I'm new to Panzer Battles - by Ekaton - 04-29-2017, 11:53 AM
RE: Hi, I'm new to Panzer Battles - by ComradeP - 04-29-2017, 04:48 PM