• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Shiny and New" - The New "Must" Have?
12-07-2016, 12:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 04:06 AM by Kool Kat.)
c_Question Mark  "Shiny and New" - The New "Must" Have?
Gents: Smoke7

I preface my remarks with this comment:

"I like "shiny and new" stuff as much as the next player!  Wink

I'm ecstatic over the devs announcement that the PzC Series is being revamped with refreshed maps, units and the inclusion of alt-scenarios!  Big Grin Long overdue and very much appreciated by this player! 

However, it's interesting (at least to me!) that while some PzC players are lamenting the perceived "lack of attention" to the PzC Series and the need to give the series some kind of "shot in the arm" (e.g. map editor, various map and unit mods, etc.)... if you look at the reported PzC games in the Blitz DB, there may be is an "under utilization" or "lack of attention" of existing game titles in players collections?  Idea2

Take Kursk '43 as an example.

Of the 48 scenarios that may be reported:
  • Over 50% of scenarios have less then 10 games reported.
  • 45% of scenarios have 5 or less games reported.
  • 15% of scenarios have 0 games reported. Two of these scenarios are H2H approved!  Yikes  

I am sure there are a myriad of reasons why players may not have played various scenarios:
  • Balance issues.
  • Content not interesting.
  • Alt-scenarios (Variations on existing scenarios) not interesting.
  • Dislike "hypothetical" encounters.
  • Other stuff?

So maybe... with the Holidays upon us and folks having more down time from RL jobs, etc. , it's time to look back into your PzC Series game titles (Some players have all 21 titles! Yikes) dust them off and fire up some "oldies, but goldies" scenarios!

Periodically, I will go back into my PzC game title collection and have another "look over" of various scenarios. Sometimes, I even find an interesting "new" "old" scenario to play!  Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
"Shiny and New" - The New "Must" Have? - by Kool Kat - 12-07-2016, 12:42 AM