• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released
11-13-2016, 09:55 AM,
RE: 1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released
(11-13-2016, 07:27 AM)Lowlander Wrote: Running Windows 10, the patch did not unzip to the default game folder, on checking I discovered it had created another folder with the same name.
I had to select browse and navigate to the correct destination before unzipping.
All is now well but a little bit miffed as this has never ever happened before, will sleep on it and view the goodies tomorrow.

Oh, on my first attempt at installing the patch it £$%&+& up the game, after several attempts I lost the plot and uninstalled, then reinstalled the game followed with Patch 1.01 checked OK, then Patch 1.02 and that was when the shit hit the fan as again the game was screwed.

Kursk update is a no no until I fully check everything is OK.

Lowlander,

Sorry you're having issues.

Firstly, I created the patch under Windows 10 and have installed no issue on numerous machines.

Secondly, there is no need to patch with 1.01 and then 1.02. The patch includes both updates.

Thirdly there is a pop up before you start the unzip process that says it will unzip to the default install directory (c:\John Tiller Software\Battles of Normandy) unless you browse to your install directory if it's different. I don't believe this process is different to any prior Tiller patch, but am happy to be corrected.

Let us know how you go and I can provide further assistance but browsing to your installation directory before unzipping should fix any issues.

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released - by Strela - 11-13-2016, 09:55 AM