• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue
05-02-2016, 09:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2016, 09:49 PM by burroughs.)
Help  F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue
A second attempt at the campaign as the Entente, turn 38 out of 190 and already a problem again (previously my opponent vanished so that was another story ...)

Previously I didn't have it even though the campaign game reached past turn 50 as the BEF remained firmly on the defence at Le Basse sector after repelling numerous German attacks and counter attacks. On the second attempt I decided to emulate the aggressive BEF stance with the offensive Lille as it was ordered by FM French, but the Brits instead of Menin and Roulers went for Roulers, remained in the defence at Menin and stroke towards Lille in the south to clear the ridge there. It's Oct 22nd 1914, the Germans were pushed back with heavy casualties, the offensive is nearing its end with the British battalions down to half the nominal manpower and German defences stiffening. The enemy was thrown away as far as to Loos and the friendlies avant-gardes  reaching Ft.d'Englos ( 58,54).

All was well until German reinforcements started to appear isolated back at Le Basse and further east north of the impassible hexes strip which simulates the southern part of the continuous front line as it was settled in the wake of the Race to the Sea. I could have know they might be entering there form my Le Basse scenario played by the OHL, but I hope that the campaign would work in a different manner to prevent absurd outcomes since similar adjustments were introduced in other scenarios ie. Ardennes  one - at the cost of some deviation from historic truth such situations were prevented. I guess the educated guess of the makers was that the BEF should remain on the defence there, but then that assumes similar historical awareness on the part of the player - that was exactly my approach the first time, I decided to remain on the safe side.

Attached Files
.jpg   F '14 Flanders campaign issue (800x450).jpg (Size: 356.37 KB / Downloads: 39)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue - by burroughs - 05-02-2016, 09:44 PM