• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ME - Battle for the Straights of Tiran
11-08-2015, 12:25 AM,
Feedback Needed  ME - Battle for the Straights of Tiran
Gents,

I cannot tell you just how much i am enjoying this new game but do have a few comments on this scenario. Steve (Tiger 88) & I played this one for some 40+ turns before setting it aside & starting another one. This one has limited units & a very large map. Both of us played "blind" having not played before & not knowing just what the enemy had. Steve was Israeli & I, Egyptians.

From the Egyptian perspective, moving forward is not an option as covering the open expanses of the West is simply not possible. Secondly, why advance at all? Most all the high VP hexes are to the very South edge. I adopted a Fabian strategy that seemed to work extremely well, but was boring to say the least.

Steve was left scratching his head with 20+ turns left, knowing he could never reach the VP hexes in the South. We went on to another scenario.

Perhaps we both missed something but from an enjoyment perspective, this one is at the bottom of the list so far, & personally, I'd look at revamping it a bit as it has very little action & is a 65 turn scenario.

Perhaps Steve will give us his insight.

Soap Box
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ME - Battle for the Straights of Tiran - by RADO - 11-08-2015, 12:25 AM