• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battle of Dinant (France '14 AAR)
09-01-2015, 05:56 AM,
RE: Battle of Dinant (France '14 AAR)
(08-27-2015, 09:06 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Nice AAR!

Cavalry is fragile when facing organized resistance, but disrupted and/or low morale units can certainly be assaulted to good effect.

As with, say, assaulting disrupted D quality units, you might still suffer somewhat if the enemy's units are still near full strength. Shaky D quality units might Disrupt after losing a dozen men, forcing them to vacate the hex when assaulted, but the defenders will still inflict losses.

Thank you! I'm still learning things about the First World War campaigns, how everything acts and interacts. Cavalry has surprised me the most but I have learned to use them more effectively I think.
(08-29-2015, 03:51 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Thank you for the excellent AAR, isolating the French battalions on the east bank would never happen against a competent human opponent and shows that while the AI is an excellent learning tool, it is a poor opponent.  Wink

That's always been my problem, I think I'm in an awkward place skill wise, I overwhelmingly win every battle against the AI, but get soundly beaten by human opponents. It will take some time for me to pick up on all the nuances of this game.

(08-29-2015, 12:19 PM)BigDuke66 Wrote: I had given some feedback( https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid396241 ) to VM and it's likely that the next update will bring in an updated version that adds some missing stuff for the French troops and adjust some things, that is needed to keep the German on the other side of the river like it more or less happened in reality.

I'm playing this same scenario against a human opponent currently, but with me as the French, I am interested to see how things play out from the other side. I'd love to see an updated version of this scenario though, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Battle of Dinant (France '14 AAR) - by TimeKiller - 08-04-2015, 11:34 AM
RE: Battle of Dinant (France '14 AAR) - by TimeKiller - 09-01-2015, 05:56 AM