• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB guides and questions?
04-14-2015, 09:30 PM,
SB guides and questions?
Hello

As a SB noob, I have been looking for resources that might help explain how the games works a bit more than what the manual does. I can't seem to find anything really.

First of all, if it wasn't for the graphical mods made by users, I would never have bothered with the game so a big thanks to them.

From what I understand, the AI opponent is not that great and consequently the focus of the game is PBEM?

In the few scenarios I have sampled playing against the AI, it doesn't seem much of the games mechanics is made visible/apparent to the player. For example, just simple combat, when selecting units to attack and the target hex, there seems to be no documentation/tables to even give you any idea as to how effective/ineffective that fire will be. When watching the AI execute it's turn it happens so fast that if you blink you miss things. There seems to be quite a few stats associated with each unit and weapon but it all seems meaningless without a point of reference.

I was at least thinking there would be scrolling text/text window (something like you see in VASSSAL mods) that reported what was going on but there seems to be none.

Then you have the non-turn (defensive) return fire mechanic that doesn't even seem to be mentioned in the manual. How does that work?

I see that there are "P" and "D" tags that appear on units which I assume are "PINNED" and "DISRUPTED" or "DEMORALIZED", but what do the "H" tags mean?

Thanks for assist

Bull
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SB guides and questions? - by Bullman - 04-14-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: SB guides and questions? - by TheBigRedOne - 04-15-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: SB guides and questions? - by Jeff Conner - 04-15-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: SB guides and questions? - by Bullman - 04-15-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: SB guides and questions? - by Jeff Conner - 04-16-2015, 01:36 AM
RE: SB guides and questions? - by Stejones82 - 04-16-2015, 02:24 AM