• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Yakovlevo Debriefing
02-14-2015, 12:00 PM,
Yakovlevo Debriefing
I thought I would start a thread here for the tournament players and any one else following along at home, to discuss the scenario, lessons learned etc.

Anyone who would like another crack at this scenario can choose either side with default optional rules and send me a game file. I will glad to have a friendly game where we can discuss what tactics work or does not work for either side.

The title of the scenario from the recently completed second round of the Punch and Counter Punch tournament is #0706_03 Yakovlevo - Breaching the Second Line.

IMHO, breaching the line is not the hard part. Taking the objectives in Yakovlevo and Pokrovka is the tricky part. How well the Soviet armor is handled can make a huge difference in where the Germans end up at the end of the game. There can be many different ways this scenario plays out.

One example has been mentioned already I think on the Panzer Battles forum. If the Soviets commit to an up front defense in the initial bunkers, can that leave them both weaker and out maneuvered by the faster PzGr when the Germans penetrate the bunker line? Is the felay gained fatal to the German timetable or will the LAH division have an easier time the latter part of the game?

What was your experience?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Yakovlevo Debriefing - by Dog Soldier - 02-14-2015, 12:00 PM
RE: Yakovlevo Debriefing - by ComradeP - 02-14-2015, 08:33 PM