• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Design Questions
02-11-2015, 04:29 AM,
Scenario Design Questions
Hi, I've been messing around with the scenario editor and parameter file and have a few questions:

1) Can anyone explain what exactly the "Range Effect Modifier" in the "Combat Modifiers" part of the pdt file does? The main program manual says that "this is the modifier applied to direct fire at a range of 2 hexes", which is not very illuminating. I changed this value from 3 to 4 because when it was at 3, Panthers were regularly picking off Sov tanks at 3 hexes, which seemed a bit much to me. After changing it to 4, I'm not sure if I can tell what effect, if any, it has had. Can anyone tell me how it is supposed to work?

2) Similarly, in the Combat Value section of the pdt, there are values for Fire Low and Fire High, Attacker Low and Attacker High, and Defender Low and Defender High. The explanations on p 31 of the main program manual are not clear at all; pages 86-88 of the User Manual talk a bit about the Low Combat Value and High Combat Value, but not any of the values actually in the pdt file (Fire Low and Fire High, Attacker Low and Attacker High, and Defender Low and Defender High). There are a fair number of formula in the various manuals, hopefully I haven't overlooked one involving these values.

3) Does anyone know how to modify the VPs assigned to units? I can see them in the OOB editor, but there doesn't seem to be any way to modify them?

4) Last, a small pet peeve; in the Jump View map, it shows Axis forces as Red and Sov forces as Blue; any way to reverse this by modding the graphics files? I'd like to show the Reds as Red...

Thanks in advance for you help in solving any of these mysteries.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Scenario Design Questions - by 76mm - 02-11-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: Scenario Design Questions - by ComradeP - 02-11-2015, 05:31 AM
RE: Scenario Design Questions - by 76mm - 02-11-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Scenario Design Questions - by ComradeP - 02-11-2015, 04:54 PM
RE: Scenario Design Questions - by 76mm - 02-11-2015, 09:35 PM
RE: Scenario Design Questions - by ComradeP - 02-12-2015, 02:02 AM
RE: Scenario Design Questions - by 76mm - 02-13-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: Scenario Design Questions - by 76mm - 02-13-2015, 04:26 PM