• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why I play Squad Battles
11-04-2014, 08:18 AM,
RE: Why I play Squad Battles
Ah, squad leader....................................roll heavenly chorus from Saving Pte Ryan.
Recently just brought a bunch of ASL, (no opponents in sight) just so I have it in the cupboard. Is a comfort thing I guess. SL is my connection, and other AH titles. To paraphrase Robert Duvall, I love the smell of board games in the morning, that smell, that cardboard smell, smells like victory, some day this cardboard wars gonna end. Plus the early JT title, gone blank...................Rising Sun was the Pacific version, .......................that's it, East Front. Seeing the Pz IVe (nicely clipped as well) on Ritchie's post reminds me I also now have a un-punched copy of Tobruk, in the same Cupboard. Alongside the one I bought when it first came out.
Is that a pic of Heroes of Stalingrad? How does that play? Your recommendation makes me think to visit Matrix. Can you clip computer units, for I have two sizes of clippers ready to go.
Anyhow back to why SB. It is a great email computer rendition of SL, without any housekeeping.
Also best of all, a great way of meeting some really cool guys.

PS: Off topic, the WW1 SB, recommended?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why I play Squad Battles - by Stejones82 - 10-31-2014, 01:15 AM
RE: Why I play Squad Battles - by kolc - 10-31-2014, 02:48 AM
RE: Why I play Squad Battles - by wiggum - 10-31-2014, 08:20 PM
RE: Why I play Squad Battles - by TheBigRedOne - 10-31-2014, 10:51 PM
RE: Why I play Squad Battles - by wiggum - 11-01-2014, 01:12 AM
RE: Why I play Squad Battles - by Richie61 - 11-01-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: Why I play Squad Battles - by Dog Soldier - 11-02-2014, 05:31 AM
RE: Why I play Squad Battles - by Kritterpaw - 11-04-2014, 08:18 AM