• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS/HPS Wishlist and Random Thoughts
08-10-2014, 01:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2014, 02:08 AM by 2-81 Armor.)
My 2 Cents  JTS/HPS Wishlist and Random Thoughts
I'm posting this with the hope of starting a general discussion regarding the overall state and direction of the John Tiller/HPS Operational series, and a few asides for the ACW series as well.

No complaints or demands here, just some random thoughts concerning what I'd like to see, and what might have been (or could be). I doubt any of these will ever see the light of day, but it's nice to day dream.

I think we all realize that JT is pretty closed-mouthed about what he's working on, and so are the scenario and series developers. For all I know, some of this just might be in the works, or was considered and rejected at one time.

I'm also interested in seeing what everybody else has thought about. It's nice to discuss, and who knows? Someone might notice.

For the Panzer Campaigns Series:

Adapt the France '14 map so it can be used with France '40 for a more complete campaign scenario. I'm not sure how hard this would be (certainly the road net and size of urban areas would have to be adjusted), but it would be nice to game out the whole 1940 Campaign using this expanded map, which would include the entire Maginot Line. I'll bet the map could also work well with Bulge '44. Just think of all the alternate strategies that could be employed using this bigger map!

For the Modern Campaigns Series:

Fill in the blank unused space on the existing "Germany" map so that all of it can be playable...I'd like to see a map that extends past the West Bank of the Rhine, so that more of the Dutch and Belgian national territory is in play, and the Eifel area of Germany is included. In the east, all of the area around the Berlin "extension" would be playable, along with a pretty fair chunk of Czechoslovakia. This opens up a lot of campaign variations, along with making "mobilization" scenarios possible.

For the World War One series:

I don't know if this is being worked on or not (I suspect it is), but an 1914 East Front (Tannenberg) game to compliment the France '14 game would be nice.

For the ACW series:

Increase the map scale for selected battles (not full campaigns) so that major affairs can be fought out in an even more super-detailed manner. Battles like Antietam, Gettysburg, Stones River, and Chickamauga come to mind. This was done for Campaign Waterloo, (company level), so I wonder if it's possible for the ACW too?

Finally, for the Strategic War series:

Anything at all! JT has said in an online interview that this series is still "alive". I take him at his word. He's never let us down.

One again, no demands or criticisms, just some ideas. What things have you wanted or imagined?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
JTS/HPS Wishlist and Random Thoughts - by 2-81 Armor - 08-10-2014, 01:55 AM