• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"My game just crashed..." HOW TO REPORT A PROBLEM
05-03-2014, 01:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 10:32 PM by Crossroads.)
b_Exclamation Mark  "My game just crashed..." HOW TO REPORT A PROBLEM
Mods could you please sticky this for a while.

From the -->> 2.0* Update Tech Support <<-- thread at Matrix CS forum:

Quote:Game (or Editor) Crashes

"My game has crashed. What Should I do?"

First off, if you began your game (or campaign) under JTCS 1.04, we strongly suggest you finish under 1.04.

Otherwise, do the following...

Immediately after the crash:

Did the game (or editor) simply exit, or did you see a white (or blue) screen saying explicitly that the game (or editor) has crashed (and possibly suggesting that you contact Microsoft etc.)? Please answer this question in your report to us.

Did the game (or editor) display a pop-up message on crash? If possible, save and post at the forum a (cropped) screenshot of the pop-up, else record the message text and post it at the forum in your crash report.

Check your engine.log. Do the last entries at the end of the file tell you anything? (If it's the game launcher that's crashed, or any of the editors, check frontend.log, edit.log, edmap.log, or edorg.log.)

Please post here, in a single ZIP file, your

error.log, engine.log & frontend.log or (edit.log, edmap.log, or edorg.log instead of engine.log, if it's any of the editors that crashed)

save files (all three, including OLDER & OLDEST) from your game (or campaign)
any other data files related to your current game (or campaign) (look in Windows Explorer, sorting by date)

We will then diagnose your crash with the evidence you provided.

Unless and until we can fix your crash problem, consider reverting to the OLDER, then if need be OLDEST, version of your save files. In Windows Explorer, cut-and-paste your regular save file to a different folder for safekeeping. Then, also in Explorer, rename your save file, removing the " OLDER" (or " OLDEST") from the save file name. Then retry your game (or campaign). There is a chance that the game (or campaign) might take a different random course and avoid the conditions that led to the crash. It's worth a try!

Everyone, if you have any issues, please make a post to this thread, providing the information above:

- error description with as much detail as possible
- log files
- save files (all three if possible)
- zip and attach the zip to your post
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
"My game just crashed..." HOW TO REPORT A PROBLEM - by Crossroads - 05-03-2014, 01:33 AM