• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponents wanted for Jihad '04 Campaign Game
04-18-2014, 05:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 05:58 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Opponents wanted for Jihad '04 Campaign Game
(04-17-2014, 08:49 PM)burroughs Wrote: Yes, technically its quite obvious in terms of the way the game engine works, but in fact would that not mean that the Egyptians deploy into Sinai in assault formation as a rule of thumb, buttoned and arms at the ready all the time entering a basically demilitarized zone - is that realistic? Not mentioning that perhaps applying some pressure in south - western occupied Palestine ( mind you please that I am already role-playing now )early into the war is of quite an importance operationally and strategically? Anyway, I am already leaning towards playing with the last VM's values anyway now so it's not that much of a problem.
Steelwhip can always join us, but so far the discussion has a bit stalled and I was withholding the setting up of the scenario unless Ricky B responds my inquiry which he has.

I am not sure what you mean. I said that once you get close to the front line you move tactically, not in T mode, not move across the entire Sinai tactically. ;) But yes, you can do that if you want too -- sacrifice speed for safety. You can also restrict heavy T mode movement to night turns, or at least you could in PzC -- to avoid the bulk of the interdiction.

Either way, the real recommendation is to just deal with the interdiction. The Arabs are much more numerous, the interdiction exists to balance it and to model the superior IDF; one of the strength of the Israelis is that the Egyptians would have been bombed relentlessly as they crossed the Sinai demilitarized zone. Cutting this down to almost nil will put the campaign too much in favor of the Arabs.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opponents wanted for Jihad '04 Campaign Game - by Volcano Man - 04-18-2014, 05:52 AM