• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Am I missing something / Beginners questions
03-24-2014, 08:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2014, 10:18 PM by philsublime.)
Am I missing something / Beginners questions
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I registered simply because I didn't find any other discussions about John Tillers Panzer Battles yet. I'm a registered member of the Wargamer, but not a very active one. I play wargames since many years, mostly Squad Battles and Combat Mission. When I saw the new Panzer Battles system from John Tiller, I decided to give it a go.

My main problem is, that I don't have a chance to win even the simplest scenario against the AI. I'm simply not making enough progress in the turn limit to reach my goals. If I do, my losses are so high I therefore lose because of the negative score effect. I always get a major defeat. It starts to hurt my wargaming pride!

For example the Gertsovska scenario. How is it possible to reach the goals there? I played this scenario maybe five times. Sometimes I can reach one or two goals, but in general, my attacks are just worthless. It seems to be almost impossible to overrun the enemy positions, even when the odds are in my favor big time.

Does anyone has some advice for me? Maybe I'm getting something wrong. Maybe having played Squad Battles for years has left me unable to play wargames at a bigger scale...

Thanks and regards, Phil
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Am I missing something / Beginners questions - by philsublime - 03-24-2014, 08:00 PM