• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

*** Scenario of the Month: October 2013 - Pairings
11-10-2013, 07:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013, 07:22 AM by KeBrAnTo.)
RE: Scenario of the Month: October - Pairings
(11-04-2013, 07:30 AM)Mad Mike Wrote: Game Tester vs. Mad Mike ended with a ceasfire and a tactical victory for the germans.

This scenario (Termoli) is a monster and way too big for my liking.

I just surrendered playing allies this map, a duck-shooting battle lacks of interest to me.

Way too unbalanced the game IMHO. If, as the story tells, Termoli town was captured by surprise by the allied paras, I do not understand how the German forces are so well positioned since turn 0, already completely surrounding the town, over the high ground, over the path to the city, they're dug in everywhere, when they were supposed to be in a shock and disorganized after the paras took over the city, this is my oppinion.

I do not know if German troops are already fixed to these dominant positions at the beginning of the game or the player may move them wherever he likes on the setup phase, if the first, read what i said above these lines, if the second, breaks the whole description of what it is supposed to be this battle since the beginning, as you expect another totally different situation to what it is described on the briefing.

Lost 5 shermans, 5 Stuarts and 4 Churchills in the first 15 turns to side and front shooting of a 75mm AT gun, Sdkfz 75mm and 2 sturmgeshutz as the allied troops are caged on a corner of the map, AT couldn't be spotted at all until this last turn when I decided to quit, which tells you everything.

I'm not scared of big battles but do not like the ones that make no sense at all.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scenario of the Month: October - Pairings - by KeBrAnTo - 11-10-2013, 07:14 AM