• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who is Playing What?
10-19-2013, 01:03 PM,
RE: Who is Playing What?
Actually, I had not thought about that- but Chad makes a pretty good point about the campaigns. I don't recall the campaigns being done for REN until possibly after they wrapped up testing, as they were based around stand-alone scenarios.

When I was involved with Overland the campaigns were not a part of the project yet, and in my other testing experience in several other projects -that is generally the case.

I think that Rich Hamilton is the one that develops and posts the spreadsheet charts, not that that matters apart from if you are on a team, then this is who to address concerns about the spreadsheet updating to.

Testing itself, also can involve proofing the maps; for example I generally use my own art mods when testing as well - as for me it improves the visibility a bit. I have found one hex that was about 3 or 4 levels below the rest of the terrain around it (it looked like an anomaly -and apparently it was), occasionally roads/trails that don't connect, sometimes uncrossable watercourses without bridges (in the case of one Ren scenario there were vp hexes inside a town behind a gate but no bridge leading to it - so that was an omission that needed addressing, and sometimes you find rivers that have elevation increases and drops ( when it happens in the middle of a river- it is a bad thing generally - unless I guess you are trying to represent an island that impacts LoS but does not impact movement ... which I don't actually think is a technique used - usually it is an oversight sometimes caused by adjusting the riverbanks).

These are some of the non-play issues that you hope testing can catch - more sets of eyes are better than one in my opinion. :)
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Who is Playing What? - by Compass Rose - 10-07-2013, 04:40 AM
RE: Who is Playing What? - by SLudwig - 10-07-2013, 10:03 AM
RE: Who is Playing What? - by KG_RangerBooBoo - 10-07-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: Who is Playing What? - by Liebchen - 10-09-2013, 02:23 AM
RE: Who is Playing What? - by Compass Rose - 10-09-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: Who is Playing What? - by Havoc - 10-11-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: Who is Playing What? - by Compass Rose - 10-14-2013, 04:32 AM
RE: Who is Playing What? - by -72- - 10-15-2013, 08:55 PM