• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some beginner questions on attacking and assualting.
10-04-2013, 01:56 PM,
Some beginner questions on attacking and assualting.
Hi folks,

I've been interested in buying a PzC game for quite a while now, and after playing the android app, I've picked up a copy of Sicily 43. My problem at the moment is the sheer amount of turns compared to the amount of time needed to conduct successful assaults. I can't even press though the Getting Started scenario due to a few things. Out of the ten or so turns given I find that a engagement will usually use about two to three turns to resolve. Now I have a general list of questions that I'd like clarified.

Normally I try to move a unit just one hex out of the enemy, de-travel them then move adjacent and being to fire disrupt then assault the enemy.

1. Does direction matter at all? Ex are two units in the same hex as effective as two units firing from different hexes into the same enemy unit?
Does this matter for firing or assaulting?

2. Do these disrupted/low ammo/ isolated events stack? I've been playing with FOV off, so I see these assault odds. If I assault a 100 man group who are isolated and low on ammo, do their effective man power drop to 25?

3. Is there anyway to reasonably determine whether or not an enemy unit will pull back after an assault? In the Sicily 43 getting started scenario, one of the Italian costal def squads will pull back after 4 losses, yet a construction battalion won't after losing 20+ men in an single assault.

4. Both of the previous assaults were conducted with very high odds, 150:29, what is a good ratio for assaulting?

5. Does terrain effect the attacker at all? If I shoot from the high ground would it do more damage than being level or below a enemy formation?

6. There is no combined arms buff correct? Only a penalty for having inadequate infantry support.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Some beginner questions on attacking and assualting. - by Pewpewchewchew - 10-04-2013, 01:56 PM