• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Guns Of August Tournament Third Round
10-15-2013, 09:53 AM,
RE: Guns Of August Tournament Third Round
(10-15-2013, 09:39 AM)Liebchen Wrote: It is not unrealistic to leave a rear guard to their certain death or capture. Of course, in a campaign, unlike the scenario, this hold would have only lasted so long.

What was unrealistic, IMHO, was my cavalry charges against the redoubt. I just can't see it, in real life, but in the game their given a 4X bonus! (I only did that when it was clear that I was going to suffer a major loss. Otherwise, the cavalry points would have been too valuable.)

As for the guns' hitting that redoubt, they were bouncing off, like 45's off of a Tiger's glacis. The best results from their shots was "2 men." My only results were from repeated assaults, trying to wear them down. Losses were horrendous.

The C battalion would be D isolated and E low on ammo so a 2 man hit might very well disorder it. Like I said you'd need some luck. Also, can 1000 men occupy a redoubt? Not really I'd say, so the cavalry charge is not too unrealistic. I get the feeling that WW1 Campaigns need flexible ZOCs. jonny Rolling Eyes
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Guns Of August Tournament Third Round - by Tide1 - 09-18-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: Guns Of August Tournament Third Round - by jonnymacbrown - 10-15-2013, 09:53 AM