• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some areas for possible larger, longer SB scenarios
09-05-2013, 03:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2013, 01:59 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Some areas for possible larger, longer SB scenarios
I thought these might make some good fights as well as having more room and time for more maneuver and strategy........

Team Cherry and Rose in front of Bastogne

Bastogne itself

The defense of St. Vith

KG Peiper

Ste Mere Eglise as well as other areas in the U.S. and British drop areas

Same for Market-Garden

I know there are many more that could be done like alot of the beach landings.

I know the age old and tired arguement of being too long or large, but I bet if you make them, they will play! Even if they were done as new and make them similar to the Close Combat series with SBs Normandy or Arnhem or Market-garden or Bulge or Anzio, Sicily or Salerno and so on and so on.

An area type movement system for non active areas and the two hour turn in contested areas. If passing through non active areas, the units would have to be placed in an Order of March so that when they do reach active areas, they will enter over the course of several turns. They could move as an entire group through the nonactive areas. If you send a group to defend a nonactive area, then at some point you would have to deploy them in case it becomes active or you move them to another area. I know there would be alot of areas, but there would be so much more one can do in those scenarios than just shoot them up for 10 turns and move on to another.

Just rambling, but think this would be a good direction to go.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Some areas for possible larger, longer SB scenarios - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 09-05-2013, 03:17 AM