• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: What did you think of "Hedgerows Inferno"
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Liked it a lot
16.67%
1 16.67%
Liked it somewhat
33.33%
2 33.33%
Did not care about it too much
16.67%
1 16.67%
Hated it
0%
0 0%
Played it, but don't remember it too well
0%
0 0%
Have not played it (yet)
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Scenario of the Month: August 2013: Hedgerows Inferno
08-06-2013, 08:17 AM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: August 2013
Very interesting game lot's of choices for the attacker pity I picked the wrong ones when I played and have paid the price.:-)

For the axis make use of early superiority and concentrate on one or at the most two attack vectors, it will seem like you have a good strong force at the start, dilute it at your peril, the centre hill is the key to the main battle but don't rush to command it too soon you can pick off allied spotters from afar with good artillery fire.
Watch out for allies air attacks and there own artillery counter fire and keep and eye out for the allied armour when it arrives as it will arrive in numbers, if you don't take them out quickly you will be overwhelmed.

Allies need to play a waiting game taking what hits they can while getting their armour onto the field. Luckily by the time they arrive in force the panthers are close enough for the numerous Sherman's are able to make a difference and a strong counter attack can swing the game.

All in all the makings of a good game, it needs a canny and skilful axis player to swing the game as I sure it can be done, although I haven't managed it myself so far.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scenario of the Month: August 2013 - by Scud - 08-03-2013, 04:54 AM
RE: Scenario of the Month: August 2013 - by Otto von Blotto - 08-06-2013, 08:17 AM