• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Lone Pine Under the Big Top The Anzacs
05-20-2013, 02:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-20-2013, 02:03 PM by Landser34.)
Lone Pine Under the Big Top The Anzacs
Turn 1
In this scenario I have to assault Phil's (Turkish troops in a fortified trench line mostly made up of bunkers.

Starting in the south with the 3rd New South Wales Bn.

I moved 2nd and 4th plts. Bco. through tunnel entry hex at (14,6) coming out at tunnel exit hex at(17,7) fired at Turkish unit at 20pt obj (18,6)pininng it then I proceeded to assault which was successful gaining 1st foothold in Phil's trench line.
1st and 3rd Plt Bco.moved through entry tunnel hex (14,6)coming out at (17,7) fired at Turkish unit at 20pt obj(18,7) disrupting them
no such luck with a pin maybe next turn.
C co. 3rd New South Wales Bn.4th and 3rd plts. enter tunnel hex at 14,6) coming out at tunnel exit hex (17,6) firing at Turkish troops 20pt 0bj (19,6)
C co. 1st and 2nd plts moved through tunnel entry hex at (15,7) where they are halted due to the congestion (stacking limitations at the exit tunnel hexes) s0 they fire at Turkish troops at 20pt Obj.(17,8) trying to at least disrupt the mg squad and other unit there to help for the next turn.
A and D companies 3rd new South Wales Move up towards the tunnel entrances will be a few turns before they get into the battle the assaulting companies have to clear out of the tunnel exit hexes.

In the norther half the 4th New South Wales Bn.
3rd plt. D co. fires at Turkish unit (16,3) disrupting it ,2nd Plt D co. fires at Turkish Unit (16,3) unit still stays disrupted though i did manage a few more casualties on it.1st plt. D co fire at same unit still disrupted but caused few more casualties.
C co 3rd and 4th Plts move through tunnel entry hex at(14,4) coming out at exit tunnel hex(16,4) firing at Turkish unit 20pt obj at(17,4)pinning them.
C co.1st and 2nd plt s move through tunnel entry hex(14,5)coming out at (17,5) assaulted pinned Turkish unit at (17,4) assault failed leaving both plts pinned
Started to move both A and B 4th new South Wales up to get into position
to the tunnel hexes in the next few turns.

My Casualties so far:
1 leader
49 men

To wrap up my turn one not what I hoped for I wanted to get a few more positions in Phil's trench line but only have the one if i dont clear out a few more in the next turn or two those reserve companies will be staked up at the tunnels unable to get into the fight.

Now lets see what Phil has in store.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Lone Pine Under the Big Top The Anzacs - by Landser34 - 05-20-2013, 02:01 PM