• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WinSPWW2 patch ver.6.0 & WinSPMBT patch ver.7.0 (april 2013)
04-28-2013, 10:41 AM,
RE: WinSPWW2 patch ver.6.0 & WinSPMBT patch ver.7.0 (april 2013)
Yep, XP Pro actually is the most stable Windoze. The only problem is that there is no real security. Microsucks knew it would be cheaper and quicker to re-do the kernal then go and try to "fix" XP. That won't affect me since I will NEVER hook this machine up to the web. My Linux machine is tighter then a pre-teen nun and I shut it down by pulling the plug after a session. So any bits or bytes that go on the new machine will get scrubed with the big machine before being transferred via thumb drive.
I'm only going to run Civ III Conquests, SEIV and MBT and WW2. The chip is a P4 overclocked to 3.2 gHz. 4 gigs of memory and 120gigs on the HD. So I can unclock the chip back to 1.6 and it should last me a long time. The only problem I forsee is the graphics is on the MB. If something goes south, I might be in serious trouble. But for $49.99, I can pull the chip, memory and HDD and rebuild it for less then a 'new' one would cost and still have an XP Pro machine without paying Microsucks outrageous money for a decade old OS.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WinSPWW2 patch ver.6.0 & WinSPMBT patch ver.7.0 (april 2013) - by low_bidder - 04-28-2013, 10:41 AM