• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on Alternative Assault Resolution
03-05-2013, 06:27 AM,
RE: Question on Alternative Assault Resolution

Good practice is to play the alt Normandy campaign and try and get off Omaha.

Things I learned from that:

If I assault with over 1000 guys against less then 200...even if the odds are only 1:1 because I am using my Hard attack value vrs his assault value, losses will be disproportionally high vrs his units as he has less to lose. And he can't inflict that much in the way of casualties as he is small.

Typically I will see 20 men/10 men. My 20 men loss will be spread over multiple units, whereas his 10 men loss will be concentrated on one (or two). As a result, his fatigue loss will be greater.

If you can assault multiple times, even better. Build up that fatigue.

AT guns are your friends....they really should be called AB guns (anti-bunker). I find that they are hard to use against tanks (who can just drive away from them), but bunkers can't move . Just dig in next to the bunker, bring in a stack of guns, and unleash the pain.

Of course, campaign games make it easier..as you can pull in these assets from all over the front. In a scenario, you will be limited by time, and may have to avoid taking difficult hexes in favour of killing his units for vp's.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question on Alternative Assault Resolution - by Liquid_Sky - 03-05-2013, 06:27 AM