• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tank assaults
02-15-2013, 07:18 AM,
RE: Tank assaults
Armor stacked with an infantry unit is much better than a tank alone to overrun infantry in the open. I would think the tank/infantry mutual support would negate the target unit's AT capabilities better than a tank alone. However, beyond the extra assault power I am not seeing any evidence this is taken into account by the game engine. Anybody know for sure?

Pretty good way though of dealing with infantry in trenches or bunkers is the combined armor and infantry assault, I have found. For both the armor provides the hitting power against the fortified position. Trenches can be overrun with a stack of an infantry and tank unit if the trench is in open ground. Bunkers need to be cracked first by the armor AP rounds then the infantry can rout out the dazed defenders. I found trying to set up several tanks so they can pop at the bunker all in one turn once the infantry are close enough for the assault works best. Do not want to hang around with the tanks if an AT weapon defensive fires. One good turn in most scenarios will do the trick.

WW and SCW really make the tactic of infantry assault with tanks show what a terror tanks were in the early years to infantry. There just was not a lot of AT weapons.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Tank assaults - by HMG - 02-14-2013, 03:41 AM
RE: Tank assaults - by Mad_Dog - 02-14-2013, 08:45 AM
RE: Tank assaults - by Jeff Conner - 02-14-2013, 03:57 PM
RE: Tank assaults - by Ozgur Budak - 02-15-2013, 01:02 AM
RE: Tank assaults - by Stejones82 - 02-15-2013, 01:44 AM
RE: Tank assaults - by HMG - 02-15-2013, 04:15 AM
RE: Tank assaults - by TheBigRedOne - 02-15-2013, 07:02 AM
RE: Tank assaults - by Dog Soldier - 02-15-2013, 07:18 AM