• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMx2 tactical notes and observations
03-07-2015, 02:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015, 03:29 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: CMx2 tactical notes and observations
ELITE/+2 LEADERSHIP DOESN'T MAKE UNITS IMMUNE TO HEAVY FIRE

1- I just ran this test to confim what I said earlier.
Every German squad and HQ unit is
Experience: Elite
Leadership: +2
Fit
Motivation: Normal

All are on Hide and short arcs.
3 squads are right up against the low bocage, but i've held the 3 HQ units ( Bn/Coy/Plat) further back for safety..
[Image: RT-elite-tks1_zpsejpef0le.jpg~original]

2- I place these 3 x T-3485's stationary at the other end of the map. They can't spot the Germans so I order them to pour non-stop area fire into the bocage..
[Image: RT-elit-tks4_zps5ogamcwf.jpg~original]

3- And bingo, after several turns of sustained pounding, each squad and the HQ's have taken heavy casualties.
Interestingly beat-up squads Leadership rating drops to a minus figure and their Motivation goes to 'Cautious' like this one because they've taken such a hammering, but their 'Elite' status remains unchanged.
Another interesting thing is that about one-third of the Russian shells flew over the bocage and impacted just behind it, as evidenced by the craters, causing HQ casualties back there.
(The T-34's were only Regular/0 Ldrship/Fit/Normal motivation, so no doubt the better accuracy of higher qual units would have hit the bocage more)
[Image: RT-elit-tks5_zpspv63ofcf.jpg~original]

4- I just thought I'd throw this two screenshots below into the playpen to confirm what we already know, namely that squads right up against low bocage can see through it clear as a bell, as these sweeps of the targetting line indicate..
[Image: RT-elit-tks2_zpsxkcwu5q9.jpg~original]

5- But units further back have difficulty seeing through it especially if they're prone..
[Image: RT-elit-tks3_zpsoammqmij.jpg~original]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CMBN general notes and observations - by Nort - 01-17-2013, 03:16 AM
RE: CMx2 tactical notes and observations - by PoorOldSpike - 03-07-2015, 02:36 PM