• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Improving Night Move Disruption
12-17-2012, 11:09 PM,
Improving Night Move Disruption
While I like the night move disruption rule, I think it could be improved in a couple of ways:

1) The current rule makes it very difficult to rotate defenders in/out of defensive positions or to assemble attackers in jump-off positions before an attack at dawn, both of which often occur at night. Given that these kind of maneuvers would be planned, short-distance, moves in friendly territory, it seems odd to treat them the same as blundering around in no man's land at night. For instance, a move into attack jumping off positions for a dawn attack could be carefully planned and slowly implemented to minimize the chance for disruption.

In particular, I would propose that move of no more than one hex into a hex alread occupied by a friendly unit, would not be subject to Night Move Disruption. Of course coding something like this might make it not worth it, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

2) On the other side of the coin, very often I am able to conduct a successful night assault after which my attacking units are not disrupted. It seems odd that a unit is so likely to become disrupted when moving in friendly territory, but when attacking at night, they often are not disrupted. I would think that that chances of a unit being disrupted after a night attack, even a successful one, would be much higher than currently (I saw in the manual that units are twice as likely to become disrupted at night, but I don't think it is enough, because currently units are generally not disrupted after successful night assaults).

Would be interested in others' view on this...
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Improving Night Move Disruption - by 76mm - 12-17-2012, 11:09 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by 76mm - 12-18-2012, 07:13 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by ComradeP - 12-18-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by raizer - 12-19-2012, 01:07 AM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by ComradeP - 12-19-2012, 02:34 AM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by raizer - 12-19-2012, 04:00 AM