• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Collateral hexes & asymmetric victory
12-21-2012, 01:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2012, 01:26 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
RE: Collateral hexes & asymmetric victory
(12-20-2012, 06:35 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Would one lose VP to assault a collateral damage hex? I would think the solution to the sniper posted above is to go in and get the guy rather than standing back and plastering the building. Your options would seem limited by the ROE being simulated. My suggestion would not be popular with the troops given the mission. One cannot ignore the sniper. Lesser of two evils? Or does the game make no such distinction?

Dog Soldier

Off the top of my head, I don't recall if you lose points to assault a collateral hex. I'm off the rest of the year after today, maybe I'll play around a bit and test what those hexes can/cannot withstand.

You'd also have to do it in such a way that the defender is relatively 'weak'. You can't have a 12 man squad with all the battle rattle parked on that hex and expect to dislodge them with an assault without softening them up first. A sniper would be a good situation because a squad or two should be able to defeat a lone individual without the need to pin them.

I agree with Jeff, it has merit, but it won't be the focal point of a scenario. It could add a bit of realism, however, if applied well.

Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collateral hexes & asymmetric victory - by TheBigRedOne - 12-21-2012, 01:23 AM