• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Post Your Gameplay Impressions of FWW
12-03-2012, 06:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 06:45 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Post Your Gameplay Impressions of FWW
(12-02-2012, 08:41 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: I have another FWW question.

I am just starting "The Rivals Meet at Last" and I notice that the British tanks have a grapnel hook. Is this hook used to latch on to an enemy tank or is it from helping clear enemy barbed wire?

Thanks

Yes indeed. Most of the largest tanks were equipped with a grapnel hook that was dragged along the ground to rip up wire obstacles for the following troops to pass through. You basically use it like a wire cutter if FWW: enter the hex and "fire" the grapnel onto the obstacle and voila, you got yourself a breach. Of course in reality there wasn't a firing of anything, the tank just drove over it in such a way as to rip up the wire.

The other way to do it is to blast the entire area for hours with 18 lbr HE rounds with No.106 fuze, or to use the wire cutter on the end of some of the SMLE rifles, but the tank seems to work best. Big Grin
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post Your Gameplay Impressions of FWW - by Volcano Man - 12-03-2012, 06:43 AM